Sunday, 26 April 2009

Well...! Begun is half done...? Not quite :-)


So I finally crossed the barrier of not having cycled in over a decade - and it happened in Amsterdam. We (my wife and I) hired cycles at Weesp (about half an hour outside of Amsterdam) and rode around the countryside.

True, there were more number of breaks than the number of kilometers we pedalled, but it was a start...and it left me rather confident of cycling for a longer duration. (See pictures as evidence :-) )

Encouraging words from 'backpacking ninja' and 'priya' will see me through my first intense training session - coming up this weekend...!

An update on my fundraising - I have managed to garner about 8% of my target - so, it's a long road ahead...and I still need to decide on which cycle to buy.

See you around!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shobhit
    This is truly amazing! Keep up the posts...the vicarious exercise will help me a lot, I am sure ;)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wonderful. Go jiju go !
    Wud love to post photo replies to you Euro trip pics this fall :P

    ReplyDelete